After months of preparation, we are excited to announce the launch of the What Really Matters website! Be sure to visit to learn more about our upcoming projects— the first of which is the reopening of the new Chilliwack Family YMCA in early 2019.
What is the What Really Matters Capital Campaign?
Have you ever stopped to think about what really matters to you? We asked our community members to share their thoughts and here’s what we’ve learned:
- People want to raise healthy children.
- People want their teens to be confident and supported.
- People want to be active.
- And, most of all, people want to feel connected to one another and have a sense of belonging in their own community.
Over the years, we’ve also learned that:
- Parents of all backgrounds and income levels say they need help
- High rates of inactivity, obesity and chronic disease are climbing
- More than 300,000 people in Metro Vancouver report feeling or being socially isolated
These problems are detrimental to the health of our communities. As such, we set out to find solutions.
That’s where the What Really Matters Capital Campaign steps in. The YMCA is working with people across the Lower Mainland to build four new centres of community in Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Surrey City Centre and South Vancouver. These centres of community will provide much needed services to help children and families thrive.
If you would like to get involved and support your community, learn about the different ways to give.