Help us open our doors to all.
Today, many of our neighbours are facing serious life challenges including social isolation, inactivity and a rising cost of living. To make matters more difficult, many people are alone in this struggle. One thing we know for sure is that all of these challenges become easier when you have a supportive network you belong to and can rely on. That's why the YMCA of Greater Vancouver exists: to bring people together in a community where they feel accepted and welcome—a place where they belong.
As a charity for more than 130 years, we rely on generous donations by individuals, businesses, and community partners to help us make proven YMCA programs affordable for everyone so they can have the opportunity to live healthier and happier lives.
Did you know?
- More than 300,000 people in the Lower Mainland report they are socially isolated.
- The challenges facing today's youth impact their overall health, confidence and ability to thrive.
- Parents of all ages, income levels and backgrounds say they need help raising healthy kids.
Will you give?
The YMCA provides people with a safe place to connect, engage and feel part of their community. We bring people together through supportive, inclusive and welcoming spaces aimed at improving the health and wellbeing of kids, individuals and families at all ages and stages. When you give, you ensure that a child, teen, family or adult can access a Y program that they otherwise would not be able to afford.
You can join thousands of YMCA donors, volunteers, members and partners today in helping our neighbours access YMCA health and fitness, child care, camps and more. Everyone has a role to play, and every gift makes a difference.
Every year, donors help the YMCA break down barriers by providing financial assistance to kids, seniors, families and adults that need it most so they can belong to a connected community of healthy, engaged and happy neighbours.
YOUR ONGOING GIFT OF:
- $15/month helps a teen build character and the skills needed to reach their life goals in a YMCA youth leadership program.
- $25/month enables a child to develop self-confidence and believe in their abilities by learning to swim.
- $50/month gives a child the opportunity to attend a YMCA summer camp, giving them outdoor experiences and memories to last a lifetime.
- $80/month gives a senior the chance to maintain good health and develop important connections in the community.
- $165/month provides a vulnerable family with an all-inclusive membership to the YMCA so they can be healthy and engaged in their family and community life.
To learn more about YMCA Strong Kids, contact:
YMCA Fund Development
Become A Fundraiser
Invite your friends and family members to help you make your community stronger.
Invite your company to match your gifts.
Whether it is a gala, birthday party or a golf tournament, the YMCA can be your charitable beneficiary so you can make a difference in the community while having fun at the same time.