Ages 18 to 29
The YMCA Early Years Assistant Program prepares young adults for jobs in Early Childhood Education. The YMCA is Canada’s largest child care provider and, here in Metro Vancouver, we have been providing quality Early Childhood Education for over 40 years.
Participants of this program develop the necessary skills and certification for jobs as Early Childhood Education Assistants for kids ages 2 to 5. Training includes:
- Early Childhood Care and Education Assistant Certificate
- First Aid/CPR
- Mental Health First Aid
- Food Safe Level 1
- Child Protection
- Appetite to Play
- On-the-job experience in 2 practicums through our 55 child care centres across Metro Vancouver
- Between the ages of 18-29
- Unemployed or Precariously Employed
- Eligible to work in Canada
Contact us to register for an information session today!
Information sessions take place year-round. Program sessions start in January, April and September.
Training takes place at Vancouver Community College.
For more information, call us at 604-685-8066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Not Yet Scheduled
NOTE: Registration for this program is not yet open.