Ages 17 to 29
The YMCA Youth BEAT program supports youth with mental health barriers to Breakthrough to Employment And Training. The program also helps youth gain confidence in kick-starting their careers.
This holistic program, in partnership with the Foundry, provides a wealth of support, training and mentorship that is tailored to meet the individual needs of our participants.
Participants benefit from:
- 5 weeks of workshops based around employability, wellness and life skills
- 12-week support phase during work placements
- Pre-employment and job readiness skills, such as résumé-building and job maintenance
- Workplace communication and conflict resolution
- Career planning, employment counselling, mentoring and coaching
- Short-term certificate training (including First Aid)
- Mental health and physical wellness workshops
- Support provided by a Program Facilitator, Job Developer, Occupational Therapist and Peer Support Worker
Additional program benefits include an allowance of up to $100 per week, a six-month YMCA Fitness Membership, daily breakfasts, weekly grocery shopping, a pre-loaded Compass Card and more!
To participate in the program, youth must be between 17 and 29 years old, a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Confirmed Refugee, unemployed or precariously employed and experiencing some form of mental health barrier to finding and/or maintain employment.
Our upcoming cohorts for 2019 will be starting on
- Monday September 23, 2019
- Monday December 2, 2019
Interested youth must contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 778-688-3530 at least one week before each cohort starts to be screened for eligibility and register for an information session.
Are You An Employer Looking For Experienced And Skilled Employees?
We are seeking organizations to provide work placements for participants. In addition to creating diversity in the workplace, we help employers recruit and screen candidates, cover training costs required of many positions and help to reduce employee turn-over.
Encourage inclusivity in your organisation by partnering with the YMCA’s employment program, Youth BEAT.
For more information, contact 778-688-3530 or email@example.com.
Everyone experiences worries and anxiety. The key is to learn how to make sure these don’t get in the way of doing things you care about! The Youth Mindfulness Group offers a free 7-week...