Together in Movement and Exercise (TIME™) is a new, evidence based, exercise program designed for adults with stroke, acquired brain injury, multiple sclerosis or other mobility concerns. In partnership with Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal Health.
TIME™ promotes better health and social connection for people living with chronic health conditions. Classes are one hour in duration and are held twice a week for 12 weeks.
Program: 12 weeks of classes (24 classes in total)
Program Fees: $255*
Location: Spots available in Vancouver, Surrey and Chilliwack
Register now by calling 604.673.6179 or by emailing email@example.com.
*Participants that are experiencing financial hardship are welcome to apply for Financial Assistance.
Participants in the TIME™ program must be over the age of 18, experience balance and mobility challenges and are looking for a safe exercise program that suits their needs. For example, TIME™ participants may be living with:
- Orthopaedic and neurological conditions such as stroke, brain injury and multiple sclerosis (MS)
- The effects of aging
- Weakness after an operation or extended hospital stay
To be eligible for the program, participants must be able to walk 10 metres with or without a walking aid (roughly the distance to cross the street in a residential neighbourhood).
In addition, participants must complete a TIME™ program waiver and program registration form prior to starting the program.
Steps to register:
- Candidates must call or email to register for an upcoming 12 week class. Participants will be asked to confirm if they are able to walk 10 meters with or without a walking aid. Call 604.673.6179 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants must complete a TIME™ program waiver and program registration form prior to starting the class.
- Once participants are accepted into the program they will be contacted by telephone to pay the program fee.
Not Yet Scheduled
NOTE: Registration for this program is not yet open.
At the Y, helping adults experience optimal health as they age is a top priority. Are you over the age of 65 and physically inactive? Do you want to learn how to build physical activity into your...
Enhancing your health while living with a heart condition or cardiovascular disease is much easier with a little help. Healthy Heart is a community-based cardiac prevention, rehabilitation and...