Important Update: Camp Elphinstone Summer Season Cancelled
From the onset of the COVID-19 virus in B.C., the YMCA has been committed to continuing to provide programs and services to families as long it was feasible and aligned with the recommendations of the government agencies.
In order to best ensure the health of our campers and staff, we have made the difficult decision to close Camp Elphinstone for the 2020 summer season. This applies to all day and overnight camp programs, as well as Summer Family Camp.
Families registered for a day and overnight summer camp program will receive a full refund. We ask for your patience as we begin to process a large number of refunds. There are no actions required on your part.
We recognize the impact the cancellation of the YMCA Camp Elphinstone summer camps season will have on families. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.
Thank you for choosing the YMCA for your camp experience. We will miss welcoming all the children and families to Camp Elphinstone this summer and look forward to seeing everyone next year.
For more info, please read the March 27th update at gv.ymca.ca/covid.
Your YMCA Camp Elphinstone Staff Team
YMCA Camp Elphinstone is the ideal location for kids to learn and grow, for families to come together for some good ol’ fashion fun, and for adults to unwind and explore new ideas. YMCA Camp Elphinstone has been providing unique outdoor experiences since 1907. Located on the beautiful Sunshine Coast of BC, Camp Elphinstone is just two kilometres north of the Langdale ferry terminal on the shores of Howe Sound and a 40-minute ferry ride from Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver. With 144 acres of oceanfront property, lush rainforest and quiet creeks, YMCA Camp Elphinstone offers outdoor adventures for all ages.
- Open year-round
- Cozy lodges and rustic cabins that can accommodate up to 450 people
- On-site catering offering healthy and delicious meals
- Waterfront activities including, canoeing, kayaking and paddle boarding, with sailing during the summer months
- Land-based activities including, low and high ropes courses, a climbing wall, archery ranges, hiking trails, gaga ball courts and basketball courts
- A dedicated and experienced staff team, including a Wellness Director during summer months
- Meeting spaces, including our new YMCA Exploration Hall facility, which is equipped with an HD projector and sound system